Regulatory Compliance Consultant
We're looking for an experienced, Chinese speaking Regulatory Compliance Consultant to join our small team in Hong Kong. With a particular focus on the fund management sector and anti-money laundering regulations, you’ll provide specialist advice and support to our growing number of clients. You will also help us to develop our unique global advisory offering through targeted business development activities.
As a fast growing regulatory consultancy, our people really are our most important asset. Since we started in 1999 we’ve been helping businesses in financial services (anything from the big banks to small start-ups) to thrive. We’ve built a team of professionals with the right experience and know-how to deal with regulation so clients can focus on their business goals. We are now about 85 people strong, with over 500 clients across the US, Europe and Asia.
You will have ample compliance-related experience gained at a financial institution, legal practice, consultancy and/or the regulator, as well as experience managing client relationships. You'll also have a deep understanding of SFC and HKMA rules and regulations, and knowledge of the FCA’s policies and procedures. We look for people who thrive on intellectual challenge, and experience translating regulatory rules and guidance into meaningful, fit-for-purpose and pragmatic solutions for clients is crucial.
Our Hong Kong office is small but has big aspirations, so it’s important that you are happy to get involved in all aspects of helping to grow our business. As well as utilising your own network and targeting new clients, you'll need to be able to leverage the resources of our other global offices to deliver on shared projects, whilst maximising every opportunity to cross-sell services and support. It goes without saying that exceptional written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Excellent academic credentials
- Must be able to speak Chinese, and Mandarin would also be desirable
- Sufficient compliance-related experience gained at a financial institution, legal practice, consultancy and/or the regulator
- Experience managing client relationships
- Deep understanding of SFC and HKMA rules and regulations, as well as an understanding of the FCA’s policies and procedures
- Strong technical knowledge of the fund management sector and anti-money laundering regulations
- Proven track record of exceeding financial goals and sales targets; consulting experience would be advantageous
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects and engagements whilst meeting tight deadlines
- Detail oriented, with the ability to quickly and effectively summarise complex information into a concise and readable assessment
- Commercial acumen, with the ability to spot new opportunities and develop them
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- The opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with plenty of scope for progression
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Opportunity to travel to our London office at least once a year
- A competitive compensation package, including a discretionary profit-related bonus